The SmartRUE laboratory comprises the following main components:
• Electromagnetic Compatibility in the frequency range 2kHz-150kHz
The main services offered by the above facilities are:
• Performance of Power Hardware-in-Loop testing of DER devices. CHIL applications are also possible with the RTDS simulator
• Testing both local and remote by Multi Agent System (MAS) technology and performance of optimizations
• Fast testing of developed control algorithms (Matlab/Simulink) in a flexible hardware power electronic converter provided by Triphase
• Power curve measurement of Small Wind Turbines
• Small wind turbine generator testing
• Testing and validation of DG components within the Microgrids operation
ICCS-NTUA is a full member of DERlab: the association of leading laboratories and research institutes in the field of distributed energy resources equipment and systems.
Experiences from the implementation of Transnational Access activities at ICCS-NTUA.
A presentation of the Laboratory Infrastructure and development plan can be accessed here.
An overview of the Smart RUE lab is illustrated in the below figure: